I made a simple scrap quilt out of 3.5 inch squares to practice machine quilting on the new Janome 8900 that I got a couple of months ago. The extra space made a great difference in my ability to get the large quilt under the needle and through the machine. Putting the binding on now and almost done!
I found these vintage lady blocks a few years ago in a lot of antique linens that I purchased at auction. They are appliqued onto a very heavy muslin and I did have to finish some of the buttonhole stitching around a couple of the ladies’ skirts. I added the 40’s reproduction border. This quilt will go to a long arm quilter, probably will have some custom work done since it would be very difficult to hand quilt this fabric. Hope to get it out over the next month. Usually is a 6 week turnover time, so she should be back home by late summer!